Monday, October 24, 2011

Loving Fall

Fall is my absolute favorite time of year - the changing falling leaves, crisp cool days and chilly nights.  And now I can add another reason to the list - riding my Diva outside as much as possible.  I know how fortunate we are to have access to a wonderful indoor arena and be able to ride in all weather.  But I am taking advantage of riding outdoors as long as I can this year!

Yesterday afternoon was perfect - after riding in the outdoor dressage arena, I walked Riva out around the pond on the property.  And the best part...my husband joined me on Cheers our OTTB :)  Cheers has been living the semi-retired life the past couple of years, but that is coming to an end. I look forward to many more rides with my two 'guys' before the snow flies.

I decided at our saddle fitting appointment last Friday to quit riding Riva in the Kieffer and ride bareback, borrow a better fitting saddle, do lots of groundwork, until I can order her County...and then it will take 12 weeks to arrive.  I am blessed with kind barn owners - they offered for me to use a couple of different saddles until Riva has her own.  So - looks like I can get back to regular dressage lessons :)


Cheers and Lex - maybe 5 years ago?

4 comments:

Amy said...

I am in full agreement about fall, it is my favorite and now having a horse it takes enjoying fall to a whole new level. You also just inspired me to try to get my husband out and on a ride this fall with me. Thanks

SprinklerBandit said...

Hi Kelly! CWD is a super spendy brand of saddle. Their website is here: http://world.cwdsellier.com/?currentPage=Collection&family=SE

I have never owned one (and I'm not likely to, sadly) but they are lovely.

Kelly said...

SP - thanks for the info! I will check out the website,,,spendier than County?! I don't think I want to know :)

Achieve1dream said...

Aww such a cute picture. :)

I'm excited that you get to start lessons again soon. I love taking lessons. It helps keep me on track and also can prevent learning bad habits especially when training a green horse. I'm looking forward to lessons with Chrome someday.