Sunday, February 13, 2011

Grateful

46 degrees right now!!!  I am grateful for sun and some warmth...finally.  I am grateful that I have a horse to go fuss over later today and ride.  I love that we have been able to indulge our youngest daughter's passion over the years - first with lessons, then leasing horses for her, and then buying her a horse of her own.  Sometimes I hear other teenagers tell her how lucky she is or people say things like, you must have lots of money...ha!  L is quick to tell others that she doesn't have a fancy cell phone, video systems, expensive lap top , etc.  She does have a basic cell phone - which she bought and a hand me down lap top from Dad.  L realizes what is important in her life and I hope that is a life lesson that stays with her.

I dreamed of having a horse as far back as I can remember.  Sometimes I still can't believe we now own 3.  I so appreciate my understanding husband.  So many women on the blogs I read have husbands / boyfriends that don't get it or basically don't like horses.  I not only have a husband that willingly hooks up the trailer and hauls L and I to shows - he genuinly enjoys those 1200 lb money machines.

Pic of L way back in the beginning -

No comments: