Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Santa Baby

Like many little girls, I wanted a pony or a horse for as far back as I can remember.



Every December, faithfully, I would write my letter to Santa and ask for one.  Never occurring to me that we lived in town - we had a fairly large yard and a garage...I did not see the problem!  Can't say I was not a little disappointed when Christmas morning would arrive and a Breyer would be under the tree instead of the real thing.

My Grandmother was my babysitter before I started school and we used to take walks to see the horse who lived at the end of town on a regular basis.  He/She (not sure!) was a Palomino and I would try and coax him over to feed treats to and touch.  I even remember drawing pictures of this horse.

Over the years, my parents would occasionally take me to a rent by the hour trail ride place in a town near us and when my husband and I were first married, we went several times to one in Illinois.

When Alexis came along and inherited my Breyer collection and then a love for the real thing, I could not have been happier.  Sharing this passion with my youngest has created a bond that means the world to me.

My husband surprised me with an adorable filly, that I had been mooning over, six and a half years ago and made my childhood dream come true.

Riva did not appear under a tree on Christmas morning, she is not a golden Palomino, and she is a Diva, but she is a gift that would be hard to top!

Enjoy your holidays and may all your dreams come true!




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post! Merry Christmas!!

Karley said...

Awwww what a great post!! Merry Christmas to you and your family! :)

S. Lauren said...

Nice post!

Hillary said...

Love this. Baby pictures of diva??? :)

Jen said...

Awww! You, and your devoted husband, and your talented daughters and Riva just make for the most amazing story. I sincerely miss seeing you at the HHP! Merry Christmas!