Monday, April 29, 2013

We Are Moving!

In just one month, we will be living here...

Georgetown, Kentucky!  Some readers already know this, or suspected it, but I did not want to officially post about this until I gave my notice at work.


My husband is being transferred by his employer - he has been working in Georgetown since last fall, and just home on the weekends.  His company made the decision to relocate him about two months ago.

Our trip to KY in early April was to check out boarding barns, homes, and for our youngest daughter to interview for a new working student position.  Lex got the job (yeah!), we found a fab barn for our OTTB, Riva will board where Lex will be working, and we found a house to rent.  It was a wirlwind 4 days!

Lex will be a working student for Reese Koffler-Stanfield of Maplecrest Farm and Riva will reside at her barn.  Lex will ride Riva a day or two a week and I will be able to ride whenever I want, plus take lessons with Reese.  Great opportunity for Lex, Riva, and me!

Reese recommended a private barn for our TB, Cheers, that is not far from Maplecrest Farm.  The owner is just taking on a few boarders - we are her first customers - quiet, lovely property with lots of area to ride out.

We found a sweet small house for rent, just a few blocks from the historical downtown part of Georgetown.  We really want to live in the area for awhile before we look for a house to buy.  We will be renting out our own home in Indiana - put it up for sale when we find the right place in KY.

So, this month will be busy!  I am going to the May 11 show in Edinburgh with Riva - Training Level test 2 & 3 again.  Other than work and riding, my time will be spent packing!

16 comments:

Carly said...

Wow, congratulations! I'm impressed with how much you got done in so short a time!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Sounds like everything is working out.

Amy said...

I am so excited for you! Also a bit jealous, every time I go to Lexington area I ask myself why I don't live there. I just drove through Georgetown yesterday to visit a friend. Such a cute town. I am so happy Lex found another great opportunity!

L.Williams said...

OMG so picturesque! Congratulations :)

Austen said...

I love Georgetown! How lovely! And Reese is awesome! Way to go Lex, you guys are going to love her! What a fantastic position!

The real question is, do Jen and I get to crash with you when we're in Lexington? ;)

Can't wait to see you in May!

Austen said...

I might be posting this twice (sorry), but this is so exciting! Georgetown is such a fantastic place, how awesome!

Good job Lex, Reese is such a well known trainer and I love her riding (and I love her on the Dressage Radio Show!). What a good bit of news on this Monday!

Can't wait to see you in May!

Malin said...

yay - so glad things are working out so well for you all. Congrats!! So happy for you

TeresaA said...

wow, big changes ahead- how exciting!

Kate said...

how fun!!! I wish I could move to Kentucky. I will have to live vicariously through you! ;)

Karley said...

How exciting!!! Sounds like some great opportunities for your family!

Can't wait to see pictures of the new horsey world! :)

Hillary said...

Yay congrats!!! I know that K has cliniced with Reese before. We saw her riding an awesome horse at the KHP too. Sounds like you guys are off on a wonderful adventure! Very cool that Riva will be In Reeses barn.

S. Lauren said...

That's exciting! Hope you love the new barn!!!

Lauren said...

Congrats! That's really exciting. I think Kentucky would be a great place to live :)

Bakersfield Dressage said...

Wow! Big changes. Best of luck to you, your family, and Riva. :0)

Achieve1dream said...

That is so awesome!!!!! Congrats!!! I'm so excited for you. :D

Aoife said...

Belatedly catching up on blog posts, but delighted for you!
Sounds like a fantastic set up, hope the move goes well for all family members 2 & 4 legged! :D